Bright, located in Victoria's Great Alpine Valleys makes an ideal family holiday destination or couples escape. Bright is located in North East Victoria, in a valley surrounding by the Alpine National Park and Mount Buffalo National Park. Our distinct seasons offer truly magnificent attributes; stunning Autumn colours, warm Summers by the Alpine fed rivers, Mother nature comes alive in Spring and Winter provides a base the Alpine Resorts, Falls Creek, Mount Hotham and Mount Buffalo.
In autumn, Bright’s famous avenues of huge deciduous trees – oaks, elms, poplars and Japanese maples – many of which are now more than 70 years old, paint the town red, orange, gold and yellow (they also provide endless holiday fun for kids as they dance and play in the leaves).
The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail is an integral part of Bright, enjoy a walk or ride along the Trail or take advantage of the world class cycle terrain, both on road and through the mountain trails.
Summer is the busiest season in Bright, with visitors coming from all over to enjoy the clear crisp waters of the Ovens River, which cuts right through the valley. With our famous ice-creamery and family friendly Centenary Park, this is the perfect place to spend your summer days. For a cooler change many retreat to the Mount Buffalo National Park, right at Bright's doorstep, where kids can explore on one of the walks or swim in Lake Catani.
In winter, Bright is ideal for your winter holiday, staying at a central location providing the opportunity to take the kids skiing at one of the Victorian Ski fields, Falls Creek, Mount Hotham and Dinner Plain or snowplay at Mount Buffalo National Park.
Bright Victoria offers a large range of accommodation to suit all budgets, family accommodation, luxury couples retreats to powered and unpowered sites in our Tourist Parks.
Within the bustling township of Bright there are numerous great restaurants and cafes, local boutique and antique shops and ski hire / purchase venues.
Bright & Surrounds Phone App
• Hunt for treasures at the Old Tobacco Sheds Antique Bazaar
• Visit the Berry Farm and indulge in a Berry Sundae
• Enjoy fresh, cold beer from the Brewery
• Short Walks around Bright and Districts
• Visit the Alpaca, deer and emu farms
• Snow sports such as skiing, boarding and tobogganing
• Get active with popular cycling and mountain biking trails
• Hiking and walking with plenty of tracks in and around Bright
• Explore the monthly markets
• Go off road and experience great Four Wheel Driving
• Golf at the Bright Country Golf Club
• Sample premium Cool Climate Wines at local Wineries and Cellar Doors
• Ride the Murray to Mountain Rail Trail
Bonjour Bright and the Alpine Audax Classic; Australia Day long weekend
Bright Autumn Festival; late April to early May
Bright Spring Festival; mid October to early November
Bright Rod Run; mid November
Bright by name and brilliant by nature, the ideal holiday destination...